Board Director Person Specification
The person specification sets outs the qualities, attributes, personal characteristics, skills, knowledge and experience required to be a Board Director.
Personal Characteristics and Qualities
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the Society’s aims.
- Integrity, honesty and openness.
Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of the aims and objectives of the Society and the Board.
- Ability to work positively with other Board colleagues and as a member of a team.
- Well developed interpersonal, communication and presentational skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to inspire others.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Appreciation of organisational culture, development and change.
Knowledge and Experience
Where appropriate detailed knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Website and IT systems.
- Marketing, publicity, social media, branding and media and public relations.
- Branches and Branch development.
- Membership development and education.
- Financial management, accounting, budgeting and income generation.
- Employment of staff.
- Business planning and horizon scanning.
Commercial and entrepreneurial acumen.