The Chair is responsible for ensuring that the Board of Directors and its members are:
- aware of and fulfill their governance responsibilities and comply with the bylaws.
- conduct board business effectively and efficiently.
- are accountable for their performance.
In order to fulfill these responsibilities, and subject to the organisation’s bylaws, the Chair:
- presides over meetings
- proposes policies and practices
- represents the Society at a national level
- monitors the performance of Directors and Officers
- submits various reports to the board