The purpose of the Education Committee is to develop and maintain an educational strategy for the enhancement of the profession of emergency planning, management and resilience.
The committee will monitor and safeguard the academic standards of the Society, with reference to the Society’s Core Competences Framework, and will actively promote educational matters within the Society.
The Education Committee will
- Develop and maintain an education strategy and policy for the Society.
- Review and advise on the content and maintenance of the Society’s Core Competences Framework.
- Maintain an awareness of the current provision of relevant academic programmes delivered at universities in the UK and Ireland.
- Support the development and maintenance of a database of all undergraduate and postgraduate academic programmes in the UK and Ireland.
- Maintain an awareness of the nature of research relating to major emergencies/disasters being carried out in universities in the UK & Ireland and its potential influence on professional practice.
Membership of the committee will normally comprise of Members of the Society employed in higher education and training, co-opted persons who may not be Members of the Society but who represent interests from within the sector, and other senior Members of the Society able to contribute to the purposes of the Committee.
If you are interested in being involved, contact the Education Director Education.Director@the-eps.org