The CBRN Professional Interest Group aims to be an active and effective focus within the Emergency Planning Society for the discussion and dissemination of issues relating to CBRN Emergency Planning.
Currently the group are not accepting applications to join this group due to the current size of the groups membership balanced against the groups workload.
- Contact Details
- Terms of Reference
- Current Activities
Committee Contact Details
Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference
- To represent the Emergency Planning Society (EPS) on CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear) emergencies. This includes CBRN emergencies resulting from deliberate, accidental and natural causes.
- To report key activities of the Group to the main body of the EPS through the Director of Business Services.
- To act as the profession’s main liaison body to facilitate the ongoing development and continuous improvement of CBRN procedures and guidance.
- To influence the development of national policy by liaison with central government and other relevant UK and European bodies. Where appropriate, representatives from those bodies may be co-opted onto the Professional Issue Group (PIG) to support the group’s work.
- To represent the Society on key national working groups (e.g. Home Office CBRN Partners Delivery Forum, Mass Fatalities Working Group, etc).
- To establish internal working sub-groups as necessary, to progress specificareas of main Group activities, and to liaise with other PIGs whereappropriate.
- To share information with the wider EPS membership and external bodies inorder to promote good practice. This will not apply to any information that issubject to HM Government security classifications.
- To promote the EPS through the delivery of presentations and attendance atother forums.
- To encourage participation and sharing of work by all members throughregular attendance and personal contribution. 10 To prepare and maintain an annual Business Plan and report activity against targets.
- To review Group membership annually to ensure an appropriate balance of expertise and to confirm that members are still active.
- To hold annual elections for the posts of Chair, Vice-chair and Secretary.
Scheduled for 14th March 2014 at PHE Porton Down.
Minutes of Meetings
Available as ‘Resources’ on the main EPS Website.
Provided below are a list of useful external websites.
- Flood & Coast Conference & Exhibition – 20-22 March 2018
- Expired: 2017 Emergency Services Show 20-21st September
- EPS agree partnership deal with Contamination Expo
- Grenfell Volunteers Registration Form
- Finsbury Park: terrorism is a threat to all communities