As more and more people move to live in cities, this growth in urbanisation now increases risk.
Increased natural and man made disasters now require our cities to work together as a community to seek ways of responding and recovering together. But How?
What is City Resilience? Many emerging views exist but no agreed formal standard has been published. A British Standard is expected in 2016 aiming to answer “Why?” and “What?”. Our purpose will be to consider “How?”.
All members are welcome from across all EPS branches. Experienced non-members may be co-opted to add depth to the team. The group will have a focus on delivery so if you wish to join be prepared to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
Role & Responsibility
We will look to form two groups associated with the City Resilience PWG. Group Role – “CR Core Team” – Responsibility is to take on delivery of projects. Group Role – “CR FYI Team” – Responsibility is to keep informed and advise.
Meetings will be held monthly in London with other members connecting virtually over teleconference. An email will be sent to all members soon seeking interest in the new PWG and the sub groups will be formed with meetings starting in February 2016.
- Contact Details
- Terms of Reference
- Current Activities
Committee Contact Details
Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference
The City Resilience Terms of Reference is not available.
Current activities for the City Resilience are not available.
Additional information is currently unavailable for the City Resilience.
- EPS South Western Branch Committee Meeting – 09.02.2017
- Recent Civil Protection and Counter Terrorism Publications and News – 05.02.2017
- Strategic Co-ordinating Group Situation Report
- TFCR Workshop Newcastle Syndicate Feedback Workshop
- TFCR Workshop Newcastle Programme
- EPS signs partnership deal for ‘Flood & Coast 2017’, 28-30 March, Telford
- Welcome – EPS Chair
- Head Office Christmas & New Year Closure
- Flood and Coast, Telford, 28-30 March 2017
- 2016 Resilience Award winners announced
- London Ambulance Service HQ – 24th Feb
- Parallel End-User and Supplier Workshops on standardisation needs and opportunities
- Flood and Coast, Telford International Centre
- Voluntary Sector Capabilities Day