Terror attacks: extend Project Griffin
Publish Date: 5th June 2017
The EPS has expressed its horror at the series of terror attacks on the UK, and has urged employers to take up the counter-terror training offered by Project Griffin.
Tony Thompson, Chair of the EPS, said:
“Our thoughts are with the victims and their families. Our members – professionals working in the resilience and emergency response sector, including many who will be involved in the response to the attacks in London and Manchester – will continue to play their role ensuring there is a determined response to such attacks, and plan for a safer UK.
“Part of that response is to continue our role in Project Griffin.”
Project Griffin is the national counter terrorism awareness programme for businesses, and is designed to protect cities and communities from the threat of terrorism.
It holds briefing events to increase public and employee awareness of how best to reduce and respond to the most likely types of terrorist activities. The events are presented by trained advisors delivering a range of counter-terrorism awareness modules. Already the EPS provides 23 such trainers, having been approved and registered with the government’s National Counter Terrorism Security Office.
Launched in April 2016, this initiative was initially aimed at the larger UK companies, but it now involves other organisations operating in crowded places. Its diverse members now include FTSE 100 companies, Premiership Football teams, Local Authorities, NHS Trusts, Universities, and many visitor attractions. Over 350 UK companies with over 2.5 million employees have now registered.
Guidance on prevention planning for where the public congregate, can be found at:
- The Emergency Planning Society – Accounts year end 31.12.2016
- EPS Training & Events Ltd – Accounts year end 31.12.2016
- Draft AGM Minutes 2016
- Recent Developments in Civil Protection, Counter Terrorism and Kindred Matters -14.09.17
- EPS SW Branch Committee Mtg 17 July 2017 final
- Expired: 2017 Emergency Services Show 20-21st September
- EPS agree partnership deal with Contamination Expo
- Grenfell Volunteers Registration Form
- Finsbury Park: terrorism is a threat to all communities
- Grenfell – the government must act