Welcome – EPS Chair
Publish Date: 15th December 2016
Welcome to the website of the Emergency Planning Society, the professional association for resilience practitioners and emergency planners.
The EPS has existed in various forms since 1952, from the days of Civil Defence through to the current resilience sector. Our 1400 members are at the forefront of preparing for and responding to all the threats of the modern era, from flooding through to terrorism.
The EPS provides a forum through an extensive network of regional and national branches, as well as professional working groups, to share experiences and disseminate good practice. We run a range of free or low-cost events, and negotiate discounted rates for members to attend major conferences organised by our partners.
This website contains a vast wealth of resources that gives vital assistance to our profession. However, it is available to EPS members only, being one of the many benefits and tools provided by the EPS that members can call upon.
As a member of the EPS, you have the opportunity to be part of an international network that can provide support and give you a voice amongst key players in the sector, as well as enhance your professional development.
Chair, Emergency Planning Society
- Recent Developments in Civil Protection, Counter Terrorism and Kindred Matters – 23.06.2017
- 17.05.10 – NOC Minutes
- Finsbury Park: terrorism is a threat to all communities
- Grenfell – the government must act
- Terror attacks: extend Project Griffin
- London Bridge Terror Attack – EPS London Branch
- Manchester atrocity: EPS urges businesses to take up counter-terrorism awareness offer